On the 18th and 19th of February a group of people came together for Briony Barr's Art Experiment. Two days of fun, combining Art with Science in the beautiful South Melbourne Commons. It was really fun.
So with some tools, rules, a floor with some boundries and lots of explaining we created our own complex systems using people and tape.
It was like playing a game, goals, scores and prizes.
Above is an image of Elana person to reach the goal.
Keeping score, who whichever colour reached the goal more got paid more, how much? No idea. It really just made thing more interesting, however after a while I gave up on making the goal and tried to make the patterns look nice.
Above is a science that we learnt about complex systems, explained by Dr. Andrew Melatos of The University of Melbourne's Astrophysics Group.
Than there was the undo-ing of all the tap. This is what happened…
WANT TO JOIN IN?
Briony Barr going to do to another Art Experiment , she is looking for around 30 people (Agents) to participate in 'Art Experiment #2'. The experiment is part of a project called 'Drawing on Complexity' which is a collaboration between myself and physicist Dr. Andrew Melatos. It is funded by a grant from the Australia Council for the Arts.
-The experiment will run from 10am to 8pm on Sunday April 1st.
– There will be snack/tea breaks, as well as lunch and dinner times. Dinner will be served at 7pm so you have the option to leave then if needed. All food will be vegetarian and delicious. Thanks Tony, aka SOYALENT GREEN.
– We will be working on the floor with tape. All tools provided.
– No experience necessary. You DO NOT need to be a visual artist (or a scientist!)
– There will be lots of photo documentation.
– The location is the ROSINA AUDITORIUM at ABBOTSFORD CONVENT.
If you want to be involved please contact Briony :
Wanna see more? Click here